Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snowquester




I have to admit I chuckled at the idea of a Snowquester.  Living in the mountains of WV tends to make our community hardy in general.  We've seen storms come and go and we have a healthy respect for the damage that mother nature can do when she puts her mind to something.  However, as I look out my window and admire the newly fallen snow, I am coming to terms with the fact that I may be getting a little soft.  My driveway is plowed although not by my own hand ( this blessing comes from the kindness of my neighbor).  I have checked my generator several times to make sure that I am ready for the looming power outage. We also have several unhealthy doomsday snacks in the pantry.  All of these signs point to the fact that I shouldn't chuckle at a Snowquester.  


The final blow has to do with our arsenal of electronic gadgets.  My family and I have charged every electronic device we can think of in case we do lose the power. Does this sound a little soft?  I have to answer honestly, perhaps.  I guess that even though I am not a digital native, I have taken and passed the citizenship test...

No comments:

Post a Comment